All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
The school uniform consists of the following items. Items marked * must be purchased from our school uniform provider (information on this below). All other items can be purchased from an outlet of your choice:
- *Blazer: Navy with embroidered school logo
- Trousers: Navy school trousers
- Skirt: Navy pleated skirt. Must be worn knee length, with black or navy tights as listed below
- Shirt: Plain white with collar. Long or short sleeved and tucked in at all times, with the top button done up
- *Tie: Ark Soane branded, worn at an appropriate length down to the navel. Logo to be completely visible when worn at the correct length
- Jumper: Navy knitted V neck
- Plain black shoes: No trainers or boots. Leather or leather-look shoes only. Laces must be black
- Socks or tights: Black or navy only
- Navy or black coat: No branding or pictures. No hooded jackets or hoodies. The coat may have a protective hood; if not, you should also have:
- Umbrella (optional): navy blue or black
- Scarf (optional): A plain black or navy scarf to be worn around the neck
- *School rucksack: Ark Soane branded navy rucksack
- *Water bottle: Ark Soane branded only (can also be bought from the school shop at £3 per bottle)
- Hair: Professional, smart haircuts and natural hair colours only. No extreme hairstyles i.e. no Mohicans, tramlines, shaven partings or eyebrow designs
- Belts, if worn: unbranded black leather/leather-look only
- Headscarves, if worn: navy blue or black only. No patterns. Pins must be navy blue or black
- Hair accessories: navy blue or black only. No bows or ornate clips
- Jewellery: no jewellery may be worn, with the exception of a simple (not “smart”) watch
- Tracksuit: Navy top and navy jersey bottoms or navy tracksuit bottoms
- *Polo shirt: Ark Soane branded plain navy collared airtex shirt with 4 buttons
- Fleece or tracksuit top: Plain navy fleece or tracksuit top. No hoodies. No logos.
- Shorts: Navy PE shorts
- Navy football socks: Knee length
- Trainers: Must be appropriate for sports. No converse trainers. No black soles.
- *PE bag: Navy PE bag with school logo
Purchasing school uniform
Our school uniform provider is Your School Uniform. You can order items marked * from their website.
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. We host regular second-hand uniform sales where good quality items can be picked up for low cost.
Students are required to bring the following items to school every day:
A reading book (either from home or the school library)
A 100% book (a revision booklet given out each term)
A clear pencil case containing the following eight items:
- 30cm ruler
- Black or blue pens (x2)
- Green pen
- Pencil (x2)
- Scientific calculator (Casio Fx-83 or Fx-85)
Students are given a pencil case containing all eight items above when they join Ark Soane at the start of Year 7. Students must replace any items they lose. All equipment is available from the school equipment shop each morning. Ark Soane is a cash free school and so charges for stationery purchased from the shop are taken from IPay accounts.
Equipment is checked each day and students missing any item of equipment receive a 15 minute reflection after school.
Students must also have a school water bottle which can be filled up before school, at break or at lunch and must have a school rucksack & PE kit bag.
We will supply your child with a laptop (which should not normally be brought into school), exercise books for all their subjects, revision guides, printed resources and the use of textbooks where needed. They can also borrow subject material from our library.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.
Hair: Professional, smart haircuts and natural hair colours only. No extreme hairstyles i.e., no Mohicans, tramlines, shaven partings or eyebrow designs
Belts, if worn: unbranded black leather/leather-look only
Headscarves, if worn: navy blue or black only. No patterns. Pins must be navy blue or black
Hair accessories: navy blue or black only. No bows or ornate clips
Jewellery: no jewellery may be worn, with the exception of a simple (not “smart”) watch and a small silver or gold stud earing in each year.