The second, larger building will open in phases through the 22-23 academic year
Ark Soane Academy is located on Gunnersbury Lane in the heart of Acton, on the former site of Acton College. The school is part of a mixed-use development with a brand new school building as well as residential units to help meet the need for new homes in the area. The development is being led by LocatEd - a government owned property company helping to deliver new free school sites across England.
Ark Soane's building is being delivered in two phases. The first building will open in September 2021 with brand new facilities for students including:
- 11 classrooms
- Science lab
- Art room
- Music practice rooms
- A large performance space including bleacher seating and AV system (which will double as our PE studio, dining and assembly hall for the first year)
- Library External courtyard to use during break and lunchtime
- Additional off-site outdoor facilities for PE
The second, larger building will open in phases through the 22-23 academic year. When complete students will have access to:
- State of the art science labs and DT workshops
- Extensive sports facilities including a 4 court sports hall, an activity studio, a fitness gym and MUGA
- Specialist art, drama and music facilities including a music composing suite and practice rooms
- A large performance space including bleacher seating and AV system
- A spacious dining hall with dedicated kitchen for preparing all meals and snacks.
During the building works Ark Soane Academy are partially operating out of Ark Acton’s Sixth Form Building. This is a standalone building which sits separately from Ark Acton’s school building and is only used by Soane staff and students. Soane students have a dedicated entrance to the site and separate playground facilities. We have also made temporary changes to the school day by bringing the Soane school day forward by 20 minutes – ensuring that the arrival and departure times of students from the two schools do not coincide.
Site plan for Ark Soane